What's new

Confederate button (?)

XP Shooter

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
30
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I and Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this beautiful floral button, it says "Leavenworth & Co" and "Superfine" on the back. A lot if the gilt is still present, as is the shank. A quick Google leads me to think this may be Confederate era. Anyone have any insight?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    381 KB · Views: 136
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    551.4 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 12
Welcome to tnet! Not sure of the age but beautiful little button. I'm sure some of the experts here can tell you more info, a lot of knowledge on this forum. Congrats and again, welcome to the forum.
 
Thanks, Darby! I'm new to detecting as well as TNet. I'm having a great time with it though!
 
It's not Confederate, but it is around the same time, they are the "golden age" buttons, usually sporting a lot of gilt and a nice heavy brass metal and nice design, probably dating to the 1830s-1850s.
 
Leavenworth & Co. is 1830's........like Issac said, there are some beautiful, well made, buttons from that era!

Iowa Dale
 
What a nice find, good job!
 
Welcome, and very cool find!
 
It is a great looking button.
 
That's a pretty button to burst on to Tnet with, welcome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom