Confederate "Lined C" Cavalry Coat Button!!! (rare back) Beautiful 26 SLQ & More!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate "Lined C" Cavalry Coat Button!!! (rare back) Beautiful 26 SLQ & More!

Hello all! Well, I had a great day Saturday... My favorite find (of course) is the coat size Lined C Confederate Cavalry button. It has a rare backmark of Courtney & Tennant. The button was made in England for Courtney & Tennant, a store in Charleston SC. If only it could talk! This is definitely in my top 10 best finds. Another memorable find was a beautiful 1926 standing liberty quarter that looks like it was dropped not too long after it was made. I also found a nice assortment of other relics. Any help on the mystery items would be appreciated. I'm especially curious about the 2 buttons or coins melded together. It was a great day to get out with some good friends & save some history! Thanks for looking & HH! button_front.pngbutton_back.pngcoin_front.pngback_coin.pngcoins.pngcoins2.pngbullet.pngbuttons.pngrimfire.pngring.pngkey_cover.pngforks.pngwhat1.pngwhat2.pngmisc.pngwhatsits2.pngwhatsits1.png

Upvote 29
I know nothing about buttons but a CSA cavalry piece sure sounds like a good one. That quarter I'm a bit more familiar with, and it is a real beauty!

Love that button......coat size, shank, rare backmark, and a big confederate C on the front. Congrats

Very nice finds. That SLQ is in great shape. Congrats.

Nice collection of finds you have there. The first "what is it" item is sprue from a lead bullet mould. This would be correct for the period of the rest of your earlier finds at this site.

Awesome finds! Congrats!

awesome finds, love the button and the SLQ

Congratulations on the silver quarter, such detail! The wedding ring and button are great personal item finds.

Nice collection of finds you have there. The first "what is it" item is sprue from a lead bullet mould. This would be correct for the period of the rest of your earlier finds at this site.
Thanks for the ID on that, there were quite a few union relics that came from this small spot I was hunting. The Confederate button was found on the next ridge over (a South Carolina button came out of the same spot as well)

WONDERFUL button my friend!Love that deep green Patina. Woods find?

A couple quality finds there with the button and the quarter. Congrats x 2

WONDERFUL button my friend!Love that deep green Patina. Woods find?
It was technically woods, they harvested the timber a week or so ago. This site has been hunted many times however, the spot I found the button was probably open before they cleared the timber.

What a fantastic find....Great to find anything confederate... Great pics you shared!!

Excellent button for any collection... The SLQ is awesome... most are not found in ExF condition as yours... congrats..

fantastic group of finds, that slq has near perfect details and that confederate button is super cool, congrats on some awesome saves!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back