What's new

Confederate States buckle?

Garscale

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
1,351
Reaction score
3,627
Golden Thread
0
Location
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a buckle I dug on the Brazos river last year while digging arrowheads. I think its a civil war buckle? My digging partner still has it. Any info on it?
 

Attachments

  • 123951_116.webp
    123951_116.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 123951_115.webp
    123951_115.webp
    93.9 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0
There were 9 undamaged lead bullets probably 45 cal in the same dirt. Also some decayed unidentified leather and a small brass buckle I presumed off a horse bridle at the time. Now I'm guessing it was an actual belt buckle and the bullets were in a bag on it.

Do you have the bullets or buckle? If so can you post pictures and give us measurements of the bullets.
 
No I don't. Someone kept them but I don't remember who. They weren't 50 cal. Pretty sure they were around 45.
 
Send the pictures to Harry Ridgeway along with measurements of width and height. He is pretty knowledgeable on civil war stuff. I don't know enough about buckles to say one way or another. I hope it is the real deal. I would also clean the back a little to better show the attachment points. A toothbrush would do the job.

ridgeway@relicman.com

Well I sent pics to Mr Ridgeway. He said it looked perfectly authentic to him.
 
Well, there you go. I never meant to infer that your buckle was not real. I just questioned the triple stamping. I am glad it is the real thing and happy for you too.
 
Heck I'd take that find any day and be set for the year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom