Confederate wagons full of gold travel north to Pa. now called Dents Run Lost Gold ?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok we got a letter from a person that said his great , great uncle was in the civil war and he raised a great deal of gold and silver to help the south. Jefferson Davis sent him a letter thanking him for his help. Now the person that sent us the letter said his great great uncle disappeared with the gold. The person said he has the uncles diary and it tells of the trip he was taking. He thinks the wagon's of gold were taken north and ended up in Dents Run, Pa. I know about a wagon train of gold from the same period ( Dents Run Lost Gold ) but their is no info on this wagon train and the story says the gold is from out west. I am trying to see if the story he gave me is true or not. Could the gold and silver located at the Dents Run site be Confederate ?
I have posted just part of the letter he sent me. There are things and names in the rest of the letter I must keep quiet for now.
The uncles grand father is Mr. Haden from Haden's Farms in Gretna , Pittsylvania County, Va. letter 1.jpg letter 2.jpg Is the story of Haden real and could the wagons of gold make it to Pa.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finderkeeper, I have nothing on this treasure. Whether it happened or not I do not know. It is possible. There were only two Haden's I have been able to find that served in the Confederate Army. It could have been one of those two? Don't know without their names. I could go talk to this fellow for you in Gretna. It is only about 30 or 40 miles from where I live? But that is up to you.
The family does not live in the Gretna area now. The papers and Dairy are in the mother's house and the estate is on hold but the person will try to locate the papers before the estate is sold. When I know more I will post it. Thank You

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew of one CSA Payroll that was headed to PA but got waylaid in Northern WVa. It was about $300,000. It was on it's way to Gettysburg, PA to pay General Lee's troops.
Hi Frank, Was that Payroll in coins or bars. We have gold and silver bars at this site.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Frank, The info checks out and we have new info from the person that we need to see for ourselves. WE may make a trip down your way soon. We are waiting for a map of the farm to look for something that will prove this is the spot were all the Dents Run gold came from. I will let you know when we plan the trip.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hi Frank, The info checks out and we have new info from the person that we need to see for ourselves. WE may make a trip down your way soon. We are waiting for a map of the farm to look for something that will prove this is the spot were all the Dents Run gold came from. I will let you know when we plan the trip.
Keep in mind that West Virginia WAS Virginia, and was STILL considered Virginia by MOST Rebs. HH! Good Luck!

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have a local legend about Confederate gold in our area.
it was supposed to have been buried somewhere on Historic Pack Horse Trail which is now rt45 in Berkely Co. WV.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya there are a lot of legends about lost Confederate gold . The only reason we are tracking this one down is because we have a person that has papers from the civil war period to prove this story. We are not sure if this story is real or fake , we have people working on it. I just sit and wait:BangHead:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya there are a lot of legends about lost Confederate gold . The only reason we are tracking this one down is because we have a person that has papers from the civil war period to prove this story. We are not sure if this story is real or fake , we have people working on it. I just sit and wait:BangHead:

This is from two years ago, Finderkeeper you are talking about the Confederate Gold at Dent's Run. You say the only reason you are tracking this one down is because this person has papers from the Civil War Period to prove this story but you do not know if this story is real or fake?

Now my questions if two years ago you thought this was Confederate Gold how did you convince the FBI that it was Union Gold? You said the FBI would not get in on the dig unless it was Union Gold. Also you state that you do not know if this story is REAL or FAKE, yet you claim that is your reason for searching at Dent's Run for the Confederate Gold? I do not understand these remarks? Please explain, please.

Here is the other post #4 from you made to me, claiming this is the source of the Dent's Run Gold.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We gave the FBI the story we had and it said the gold was union gold , and the feds did their research on that info. That was enough for them to believe the story was true. We did not tell them about this new confederate gold story because we did not know if it was true. The person that gave us this info is in jail and when he gets out he will try to get his hands on the diary . So for now I am going with the Union Gold Story. Could the Dents Run site have many different treasures at one location and If this was one of many places for the KGC to deposit their gold that could be why their is over 9 tons at this site
:dontknow:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That boat don't float. Too many if's this and if that? Do you not have a definite story or any inventory of the treasure being shipped or the LT's Orders or his diary? Something. Anything. If's in treasure has been worn out, we need a fact or two.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me but why is there always an excuse for everything.......id just like to get to the bottom of this....There is a guy by the name of H.Charles Biel that wrote an article on this....whats up with that?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Forgive me but why is there always an excuse for everything.......id just like to get to the bottom of this....There is a guy by the name of H.Charles Biel that wrote an article on this....whats up with that?
Dent's Run Gold...? Dunno.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Literally the ONLY time his name is mentioned here.....anywhere on the site....wonder why? :icon_scratch:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Literally the ONLY time his name is mentioned here.....anywhere on the site....wonder why? :icon_scratch:

Probably because you don't research before you make your declarations. Literally.

You want to try declaring ONLY again?
Heck , you posted his name elsewhere before your quoted post. Knowing full well you had done so...http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/638007-ruins-new-ross-nova-scotia-5.html#post6699978

us
El Presidente
Jul 2014
Vermont
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
759 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
The claim of “templar vault and graves found in Nova Scotia” has been proven to be a fantastical fictional tale put forth by some still attempting to get a cable tv show. Nothing has ever been found proving templars crossed the Atlantic. Photo shopped images prove nothing.
Neither does a typical common foundation used for any number of building types.

Some keep beating a dead horse in an attempt to remain relevant.

All who claim the templars crossed the Atlantic should take a factual history class from Crow.
Proven by ?

The guy that bought the place and started to take over the research ..... cause there was nothing there, right?

Proven by ?

The Blockhouse Crew on Hoax Island?

Proven by ?

Tha Laginas

Proven by ?

It was proven by Joan.....with the pictures, not her story that threw everyone off that she was "insane"

It was proven by Denis as he made a show about it already, and scavengers surrounded it all looking to capitalize on his research

You think that coming here you create the only physical references anywhere on the net and because you refuse and refute all claims that it discredits someone?

Why were the FBI on his site in Dent's Run? Cause this stooge says he was lying ?

Click image for larger version.

Name: Dents Run Biel Phallic Pedo.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 48.5 KB
ID: 1905718]

And surprise , here's yet another mention...

[Dear TreasureNet,

While I appreciate the enthusiasm of your members, one of your members has violated our copyright on a book, the title and other published articles on a seeded hunt that I have created for my website and my members. I would appreciate the removal of all references to my copyrighted material from your site. You may consider this as a cease and desist letter concerning the copyright on "The Lost Cache of Wolf Run".

You may find the offending thread at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/virginia/virginia/virginia/ca...wolfs-run.html

Sincerely,
H.Charles Beil

To all concerned; This notice of infringement has been sent to the webmaster of Treasurenet and to the owners of Forum Foundry. While as a policy we encourage our members to belong to more than 1 forum we discourage the posting of proprietary information that is protected under US Copyright. I would appreciate it if you would take it upon yourselves to correct your posts.

Sincerely,
H.Charles Beil]

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/cache-hunting/374984-lost-cache-2.html

You still west of Little Deer?

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a proud Connecticut damn Yankee. We are associated with Characteristics, Shrewdness, Conservatism, Proudness, Intellect and a proud American, and smart enough to stay out of the Civil War that should never happen.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a proud Connecticut damn Yankee. We are associated with Characteristics, Shrewdness, Conservatism, Proudness, Intellect and a proud American, and smart enough to stay out of the Civil War that should never happen.

You're a Winesap apple of sorts?
:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread