What's new

Confederate Wreath?

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually found this wreath yesterday and spent most of the day today searching for the other half. Unfortunately no such luck. I've read some past posts about these and I realize that they were also used with pre-war militia tongues. This was found in Virginia in an area where there was heavy troop movements during the war and mini balls have been found close by. So what say you, is this from a CS two piece, or maybe a pre-war Virginia two piece (or something else). two of the pictures show it as dug, and one after it had water run over it to wash it off. Note how green it is, and it was found in good soil, which indicates (to me at least) a high copper content. Also, the wreath appears to be a crude casting and not finely detailed. Thank you for your thoughts. And by the way, I haven't given up on finding the tongue, not by a long shot.

CS Wreath#1.webpCS Wreath#2.webpCS Wreath#3.webp.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 31
I'm pretty sure it's a Confederate wreath.
 
Looks right to me. It happened to me and it was 2 months before I found the tongue and it was only 10 feet away. Check out my banner finds. You need to hunt that place like you've never hunted before. Dig every signal until the ground is completely silent. Man I really hope you find it. It's a hell of an experience!!! Please keep us posted. Good luck Bud!![emoji256] [emoji256] [emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
Looks right to me. It happened to me and it was 2 months before I found the tongue and it was only 10 feet away. Check out my banner finds. You need to hunt that place like you've never hunted before. Dig every signal until the ground is completely silent. Man I really hope you find it. It's a hell of an experience!!! Please keep us posted. Good luck Bud!![emoji256] [emoji256] [emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

P.S. This will keep you up nights! It did me.

HH, Relic Nut
 
Nice find...bittersweet not to find the tongue...but you're in the right area!!
 
P.S. This will keep you up nights! It did me.

HH, Relic Nut

It already has! It's always in the back of my mind, but I know I may or may not ever find it. It might have already been found, or it might not be there at all. About 30 years ago a good friend of mine found a wreath at a confederate camp site. We hunted that place for years and never found the tongue. That's what keeps me up at night. ;)
 
Keep the faith , you may get a blessing ....... :laughing7:
 
I would say more likely CSA than not. I would wear that place out!
 
Congrats on a great find, hope you find the other half
 
nice find and good luck on the other piece!
 
I don't know a thing about it but I like it.
You should definitely go back.
 
Great wreath, I hope the other half reveals itself!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom