confused meercat.com excalibur

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
just took out the detector for the third time, and bingo the sound of a ring pull....no a silver mans ring...wow...., now to the problem,....scratching my head.....any takers........ when listening i get a lot of small blips, are these ground noises or items im missing?, the big one is when i do get a major hum, im digging nearly a 1ft hole, how do i narrow it down, so im an 1inch either side of it.......tell me its the pin point mode or a hint on my sounds to look for?

You won't need to place it in pinpoint mode at all. When you get a beep, slow down the sweeps and wiggle the coil back an forth while slowly pulling it back toward you. After the signal disappears, slowly slide the coil forward till you hear the signal and the target is right off the tip. Try this on clean ground to practice this and once you see how easy it is you'll never need to X the target again. Suggest you get the books by CJC to help you learn the Excal.

You should be in AUTO Disc mode while learning. The small bips might be BB's or lead shot. Keep the disc at 1 and practice. Check out the tiny targets as it is hard to tell you if the target is a deep good target or a BB just by your description.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Are you detecting in Salt water or fresh water. You are more prone to false signals in Salt. A good signal will be there every time you swing over your target, False signals will not. Listen to Sandman he knows what he is talking about. As you become more accustomed to the machine try running in manual mode you will get more depth but you are more prone to false signals at higher settings. good hunting Neilo

ive started on land first to get used to signals........might not be bbs (shot)....?, ps the leads are not tied well to the stem,and a bunched up at the base near the coil connector ...will this interfer with the signals

rubberdiver13 said:
ive started on land first to get used to signals........might not be bbs (shot)....?, ps the leads are not tied well to the stem,and a bunched up at the base near the coil connector ...will this interfer with the signals

Pinpoint like Sandman says. I use same method, target is always off the edge of either the tor or heel using this method.....

Another note, if you cable is loose and flopping around it will give you false signals, either wrap it or velcro it so it doesn't flop around....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back