C Chazulli Tenderfoot Joined Aug 13, 2014 Messages 2 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location Feeding Hills, MA Detector(s) used Minelab CTX-3030 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 28, 2014 #1 I went out to a school nearby that was built in the 1950s hoping to find some silver. Dug a good quarter signal to 8" and out pops a 1787 Connecticut Copper. Quite unexpected and made me a happy camper! Upvote 8
I went out to a school nearby that was built in the 1950s hoping to find some silver. Dug a good quarter signal to 8" and out pops a 1787 Connecticut Copper. Quite unexpected and made me a happy camper!
Higgy Bronze Member Joined Jul 21, 2014 Messages 1,422 Reaction score 1,264 Golden Thread 0 Location NH Detector(s) used Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 28, 2014 #2 Good golly! That coin was probably there before they built the school!
testing123 Bronze Member Joined Mar 29, 2009 Messages 2,366 Reaction score 1,986 Golden Thread 0 Location United States Detector(s) used CTX 3030, TDI SL Sep 28, 2014 #3 I like those kinds of surprises! I found a dblc and a Connecticut copper at a school built in the late 1800s
I like those kinds of surprises! I found a dblc and a Connecticut copper at a school built in the late 1800s
Evolution Gold Member Joined Aug 2, 2007 Messages 5,285 Reaction score 2,483 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate NY Detector(s) used Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 28, 2014 #4 Wonder what was there before the school? Maybe an older school? Great find.
M Msbeepbeep Platinum Member Joined Jun 24, 2012 Messages 15,841 Reaction score 24,153 Golden Thread 0 Location MA Detector(s) used M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 28, 2014 #5 Nice! Great save! I'm still looking for one.
CaptainCoil Silver Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Aug 17, 2014 Messages 2,837 Reaction score 546 Golden Thread 0 Location San Diego Detector(s) used Minelab Manticore with 11" coil CKG 11.5" titanium scoop with carbon fiber handle Fisher CZ-21, Tecnetics Omega 8000, T-Rex 9.5" Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 28, 2014 #6 Nice dig!