What's new

Convex one piece button. Crown with Script GR

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
407
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys what button is this? Found at early 1800's site. It is a one Piece Button. With a crown on top and Script letters GR under the crown. Thanks in advance.
64dc918a.jpg
 
Actually the site dates back to that time. I call this place I found the button. Button Hill. I have found a ton of buttons in a very small area. Flat buttons, buttons that date around the early 1800's. I will find the exact date of the house on the property. I am quite sure it was built around 1800. This button was found today in Mississippi. :thumbsup: Thanks guys.
 
Upvote 0
Royal Court Button (Officers at arms) 8th button on the very left side of the page..On the Silversimon site. I'll take better pictures.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
zaxfire69 said:
Royal Court Button (Officers at arms) 8th button on the very left side of the page..On the Silversimon site. I'll take better pictures.

Same button, wrong ID.

Its Military, but I'm now pretty sure my 1830 is more likely. see a 1812 pewter version, these copper-alloy & gilt ones came slightly later - Army General Service Button (most likely artillery but as the name suggests its multi-purpose)

http://www.pbase.com/richard_canada/image/23646984
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Crusader. It is a very old button for sure. What do you think about me finding it in Mississippi? Cool right?
 
Upvote 0
zaxfire69 said:
Thanks Crusader. It is a very old button for sure. What do you think about me finding it in Mississippi? Cool right?

Yes, it would be cool finding it here as well :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom