wayfas4u
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2010
- Messages
- 451
- Reaction score
- 660
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lee county georgia
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Southern GeorgiaOne piece….so I’m guessing 1830s or prior. Where (directionally) was it found?
😊 thank youThe crown style is St.Edward’s crown, used on official and military buttons in Britain between 1838 and 1901. Prior to Victoria, the Tudor crown with an arched top was generally used.
Without any regimental or other indication (I don’t see any letters or numbers either below or either side of the crown) it’s unlikely to be military but might well be a generic button for some other official use, or could simply be patriotic.
Thank you Red Coat …😊The crown style is St.Edward’s crown, used on official and military buttons in Britain between 1838 and 1901. Prior to Victoria, the Tudor crown with an arched top was generally used.
Without any regimental or other indication (I don’t see any letters or numbers either below or either side of the crown) it’s unlikely to be military but might well be a generic button for some other official use, or could simply be patriotic.
Like you fyrffytr I'm a little confused on this one to because the shank is showing pre-1800... I mean am I wrong? I guess if it's solved its solved.Are you sure the backmark is Firmin & Co? I don't see the Co. part. And, I can't find a reference to a Firmin & Co. backmark. Maybe Red Coat can educate me on this.