What's new

cooper cents

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How good is to save pre 1982 cents?

I have noticed that there are just a few in each roll now.

4 or 5

Also the melt value is not more than .01 now plus it is illegal to melt them

cibao020369 :icon_study:
 
Upvote 0
Most of the time, I find about half of all my rolls to be copper.
 
Not worth but .01 cent no matter how you look at it. The only ones that really worth anything is dbl dies, if you are a coin collector and find them in mint state keep them in a book. It probably be another 20 years or so before they would be worth anything significant. 2009 there will be a temporarly new design then possibly and new permantly design 2010 for the next 50 years. But if the design in 2010 is the same or near the same the pre-82 memmorals are junk IMO.
 
HolyDiver said:
Most of the time, I find about half of all my rolls to be copper.

yep same here. I just toss them back into the wild.
 
There is an active market right now for the pre 82 cents. Check out apmex.com and look under cents. Also do a quick ebay search. True right now they are just barely worth over 1cent but mid last year they were at 2.2cents each. Copper is in the same situation as silver and gold and will only rise during inflation. If anyone is even remotely interested check out the forum at http://realcent.forumco.com
 
I think I saved about 100 bucks worth of the coppers last year when the value of copper was up, now they are just sitting in the back of my closet.........I am just gonna let them sit there.lol
 
i have 500 dollars in face sitting in the back of my closet too, don't really care to stock pile anymore right now, i am in the hobby for the SILVER
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom