What's new

Copper Artifacts From Wisconson

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we are allowed to post our Copper pieces here now I thought I would share some that I have that I acquired while putting together my States Collection. There were all gifted to me by a member of Arrowheadology. They include 3 Fish Hooks, 3 Projectile Points, and 1 really nice Awl.

If anyone else has any Copper pieces please share them with us here.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • Wisconsin Pieces (3).webp
    Wisconsin Pieces (3).webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Wisconsin Pieces (4).webp
    Wisconsin Pieces (4).webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Wisconsin Pieces (5).webp
    Wisconsin Pieces (5).webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Wisconsin Pieces (6).webp
    Wisconsin Pieces (6).webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0
Here is a coil type piece. It is rolled then formed into a ring. Can't fathom how you roll copper like this. This is kettle metal unlike yours I believe, is archaic.
 
Pic
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20121205_223713.webp
    ForumRunner_20121205_223713.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 97
  • ForumRunner_20121205_223723.webp
    ForumRunner_20121205_223723.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 109
That would be real interesting. Note worthy actually. The majority of the points...."stone" .. I find at that site are middle archaic. There was occupation during more recent time evidenced through arrow points. I always attributed that piece to that later time period and figured some past ground disturbance caused some mixing.
 
The Grim Reaper said:
That twisted piece could be two Fish Hooks that got entangled and twisted together.

I know that fishing line can do magic tricks. Cast a bait caster into the wind once. You will get nots that the Great Houdini couldn't figure out. This is the first time I have seen hooks do it though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom