What's new

Copper band with holes thingy - ***SOLVED***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,541
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea what this is? This is the second one I've dug, both at old properties. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
I thought it was a Colonial Breathe Right nasal strip, but I'm thinking not. :tongue3:
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-111S.webp
    MVC-111S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 882
  • Nasal-Strips-Stop-Snoring-Breath-Right.gif
    Nasal-Strips-Stop-Snoring-Breath-Right.gif
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,007
Re: Copper band with holes thingy???

I am probably totally wrong, but it seems to me those are baffles to either an oil lamp or oil heater.
I will have to check into it a bit.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Copper band with holes thingy???

Crazy...I have dug those before, and I never figured out what they are for. :dontknow: I always figured they were for something 1940's electrical
 
Upvote 0
Re: Copper band with holes thingy???

Felinepeachy said:
Can we see the back?

Of me or the item? :tongue3: :laughing9:
Just kidding.
It looks just like the front FP.
What is it girl? :icon_scratch:
-Dug-
 
Upvote 0
Re: Copper band with holes thingy???

I think creskol is right . Baffles for the old type oil heaters . I saw I lot of these in the mines . They would burn out or through over time .
I have to say that I have not seen the ends like the ones shown here , but I would say it is the same thing. Most had a double hook on each end that would latch in . These things are a bummer to light but once running they would run you out of a place for the heat.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Drop Wire Clamp Perforated Shim.webp
    Drop Wire Clamp Perforated Shim.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 889
Upvote 0
Re: Copper band with holes thingy???

creskol said:
I am probably totally wrong, but it seems to me those are baffles to either an oil lamp or oil heater.
I will have to check into it a bit.

Seeeee ... I told you I could be totally wrong ... AND .. I was ..Totally wrong!! :icon_biggrin:

Good ID Rancho Leo !
 
Upvote 0
Folks, we have a winner. Rancho Leo nailed it on the head. :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:
Thanks for the great ID Rancho.
-MM-
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom