What's new

Copper Culture Beach Produces....Not Much

WawaDuane

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2013
Messages
393
Reaction score
1,624
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A less than productive day at the old copper culture beach today. The penny I found hardly puts fuel in the big Hemi but everyday can't be Jesuit Rings and silver coins. It's always a nice day to wade in the lake enjoying summer.

Old button that fell through my water scoop a thousand times.

IMG_8539.webp

The afternoons finds.

IMG_8540.webp

Some weird iron thing and the third broken light bulb of the same design I've found in the water.

IMG_8542.webp

A few pieces of old copper.

IMG_8543.webp

Not sure if this just old copper or if it's really old copper.

IMG_8545.webp
 
Upvote 6
Is that a little conical point there on the big copper preform/sheet/flake?
 
Is that a little conical point there on the big copper preform/sheet/flake?

Yes I think it is....I wondered the same thing myself. Think that larger piece is a preform piece from the same time period....cause I don't know.
 
Awesome copper finds, definitely look worked/Native to me. Nice job.
 
Yeah that's definitely a preform or a blank. I have several examples of crude "flakes" or "sheets" of copper I find with finished pieces. Yours is extremely big!!
 
Nice finds, the worked sheet looks copper-culture, with the lamination and "worm tracks" of zones that underwent different rates of decay/conversion to carbonate.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom