What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Copper Culture rare unidentified object HELP

Joined
Dec 14, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Minelab Xterra-505, Whites Prizm IV, Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_41716B8C-29F4-4E28-A0E5-03CBE5AD35CB.webp
IMG_5762.webp


Hi treasurenet, I need some serious help with this one. It was found in a sandy field next to a very small creek in Oconto county Wisconsin. It seems to be copper as it has patina and is non magnetic. I found a copper nugget a year ago near this one. I was assuming it is native copper culture assuming the copper and not perfect design but I have no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated thank you
 
To me , it appears to be a ornamental part (1/2) of a mount for a handle that was applied to the side of a similar metal box . But it also don't look like it was mounted to anything. Or maybe it is the other half of a door knocker ,also that never got installed.
 
Upvote 0
it appears to be cast, ans not beaten native copper
 
Upvote 0
Looks thick and cast.
Mill marks(grinding) on the underside.

What size is it?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom