What's new

Copper Culture Spearhead

Acejeckel

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
275
Reaction score
613
Golden Thread
0
Location
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone I found this last week and posted it in Today's Finds with some other things I found but wanted to share it with everyone here also.
I found it along a river in southeast Michigan. It was only 2" deep and under a giant oak tree.

Its pretty cool to see the layers of copper.
 

Attachments

  • 20190913_224013.webp
    20190913_224013.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190903_210207.webp
    20190903_210207.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
I know Mich. has raw copper. This is Indian made? How cool is that.
 
Very cool!

My office is in Ann Arbor, there are a lot of good looking fields between the airport and Ann Arbor.
 
what the hell, that is amazing and to me priceless.
 
Banner! That has a shape that I have seen before. Kind of similar to a hammered out HellGap.
Does anyone know if there is a precedent for Paleo Copper Artifacts?

What a great find!
 
Awesome find. Way better than most of the stuff you see posted on here.
 
Was it green when you pulled out??....doesn't really have that old copper look to it...
 
Banner! That has a shape that I have seen before. Kind of similar to a hammered out HellGap.
Does anyone know if there is a precedent for Paleo Copper Artifacts?

What a great find!

These are examples from Michigan that I found online as comparables.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20190903-202158_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20190903-202158_Chrome.webp
    107.7 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom