What's new

Copper expected to hit new highs

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
As someone who does a LOT of penny sorting, with a Ryedale, I thought this was interesting.

<<Meanwhile in copper, the industry expects it to hit a record high of $9,000 per tonne, on concerns that next year will bring a shortage of copper concentrate, a crucial pre-product. According to a new report from Goldman Sachs this week: "Even relatively conservative demand forecasts suggest that the global copper market will sustain deficits large enough to mostly deplete exchange inventories over the next five quarters, leading to periods of extreme volatility and price spikes." >>.

This was from an article on coinflation about base metals.

Could be good for our 1982 and older cents. :-)
 
Upvote 0
That's great but why won't dealers buy them right now?
 
I'm on the edge about getting one of those rydale machines and searching cents. The only thing that is holding me back is my wife,who will kill me if I join another organization,club,etc.or start a new hobby.
I may just take the chance because I run pretty fast . She could never catch me. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
SFBayArea said:
That's great but why won't dealers buy them right now?

They do. I saw someone sell a bunch last week to a coin dealer. Don't know much they got for them though.
HH
Rich
 
Interesting report jrf30 - although I might be wary of trusting anything that Goldman Sachs puts out there. Weren't they the same company that sold (dumped) all of their mortgage backed securities as Triple A rated to other investment firms only for the firms that bought them to find out that they were worthless? The SEC even filed a civil suit against them for fraud and lucky them they only had to pay a good old boys club fine.

I know that the economy is getting worse and PMs are on their way up but Goldman Sachs is the ultimate bubble company -- they make billions creating bubbles then back out last minute before it bursts. They always get theirs while us regular Joes get ours. I do not trust anything they say or sell. Just my two cents about their "quote-unquote" copper report.

HH,

$ilver$urfer
 
SFBayArea said:
That's great but why won't dealers buy them right now?

Maybe things have changed last couple of weeks. I'm gonna call around. Thanks
 
Rich Hartford said:
I'm on the edge about getting one of those rydale machines and searching cents. The only thing that is holding me back is my wife,who will kill me if I join another organization,club,etc.or start a new hobby.
I may just take the chance because I run pretty fast . She could never catch me. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Especially if you have squeeky sneakers..... :laughing7:
 
Well, called a local dealer and nope they are not buying copper cents. If anyone here knows of people who would be buying copper cents.. let us know.
 
SFBayArea said:
Well, called a local dealer and nope they are not buying copper cents. If anyone here knows of people who would be buying copper cents.. let us know.

Guys over on realcent buy copper if its priced right. Might want to try there.
 
Well with the labor of packaging the boxes and the trip to the post office.. I'm gonna wait.. it wouldn't be much different than selling on Ebay. I was really hoping for convenience where I just drive a couple miles and get cash over face from a local dealer. Maybe trade copper for silver. Anyone know of any Mob members or wannabe mobsters who want to start a metal refining business? Just kidding.. although I bet if prices go to $5.00/lb, I wouldn't be suprised if mobsters do get involved.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom