What's new

Copper – Gold – tiny Silver and clad at the “Hunted out Park”

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I went back to the “hunted Out Park” again today looking for a few more old coins. This time, I moved deeper in the woods by 10 feet (35 feet from the cleared edge). The first signal was a 1907 Indian Head cent about 5 inches down. About 15 feet away a strong tone (8) on the x-terra 705 (All Metal) was calling from about 4 inches. Upon popping a plug a round gold object was at the bottom I almost died thinking it was another gold coin; after a bit more excavating it turned out to be one half of a thickly gold plated locket (size of a quarter) with a lovely scripted letter “H” on the face. The surprise keeper was a faint bouncy high tone that appeared to be very deep. I dug the plug and much to my amazement a little piece of silver was at the plug bottom. After a quick cleaning a well worn no-date silver Trime emerged to see the light once again.

I enjoyed the hunt today with the nice relic and coins. Of course, no hunt park hunt would be complete without a little clad (dug on the way back to the car), so the collection increased by a few.

Thanks for looking,

GL & HH

Doc

CAM00859.webp CAM00860.webp
 
Upvote 34
Sweet finds man! I love my 705!
 
Wow that's a hunt that I would love to have I'm a believer that no place is totally hunted out that is one thing about detecting I ve gone and found nothing or found just clad but I'm just as optimistic as the first thing I ever dug. Even hunted out parks!!! you cant enjoy this hobby being impatient or expecting to find treasure every hunt those people would not last long sorry about the rant about me not you!!! I cant wait to see your 2016 finds if you do a years finds post Thanks for always sharing your great finds Keep it up!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Great work i wish i knew where that park is
 
What a beautiful hunt, SIR. Love your IH , the locket with initials and trime. Trime is my dream coin that #1 on my wish list. Congrats!!!
 
That's a good day congrats on some nice finds
 
Very good hunt, Trimes are popping out of the ground, hope one pops out for me today. Congrats!
 
Heck yeah ! I located an area at my local park/lake that has become accessible I'm looking froward to hitting the wooded area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Congrats on a great day...love that trime! The "trime" slot in my collection is still...empty, so that's one I'm still looking for...wtg...ddf
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom