What's new

Copper Ring

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gang, Pictured is a copper ring I found this weekend at the beach. The maker's mark is either a "U" or an "A" with an arrow. Below are some pics before/after cleaning and the maker's mark. Any information or help about it would be appreciated. Thanks, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • CopperRing1.webp
    CopperRing1.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 348
  • CopperRing2Mark.webp
    CopperRing2Mark.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 518
  • CopperRingClean.webp
    CopperRingClean.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 334
  • CopperRingWidth.webp
    CopperRingWidth.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 334
Sorry no help just wanted to say that is a Great looking ring!!! Keep it up!!! Chug

Looks like an A with a Arrow through it to me!!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice ring. Are you sure it is copper? Looks pretty good for being in salt. Just a thought as it might make a difference if you know the alloy.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Chug. Yes, it could be an "A." There is either a 6 or a 9 beside the makers mark that doesn't show on the pic.

Daryl, Yes, it is copper. If you'll look at the first picture you can see how crungy it was when I found it. I soaked it over night in lemon juice, and it was still dark brown in color with a little copper peaking through on the edges. I later added salt to the lemon juice, then tried perxiode. It was already scratched from being in the sand/surf, so I used a Dremel with a scouring pad, and that removed the caked on brown patina.

Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Makes sense. When you said before and after pictures, I was expecting the stuff you removed before taking the picture.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • makers mark.webp
    makers mark.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It looks like a match to me but apparently Brady and Breezie are not convinced.

Uncas used both the arrow through mark and the arrow on both sides.
They are both Uncas marks..
 
Upvote 0
Yep, I'm now convinced it is Uncas, and they used both symbols. Nice ID Mike :hello2: Thanks to all. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom