What's new

Copper Smoking Pipe

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this pipe in a field where we dug a handful of Colonial coins and relics. Could it be from the 18th century? :dontknow: Thanks for your help!

Kirk
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4139.webp
    DSCF4139.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • DSCF4142.webp
    DSCF4142.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 553
  • DSCF4139.webp
    DSCF4139.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCF4142.webp
    DSCF4142.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 381
I would think a smoking pipe made of any kind of metal would get too hot to handle very quickly. Looking at your picture a candle snuffer comes to mind.
 
Upvote 0
NHBandit said:
I would think a smoking pipe made of any kind of metal would get too hot to handle very quickly. Looking at your picture a candle snuffer comes to mind.

It is definitely a pipe.

Kirk
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a pipe, and very cool. I have also seen them in silver, pewter, lead, and tin plated iron. Super find!!!! :icon_thumright:

1804 quote:
December 1st, Thursday. I bought a tin pipe having a stem...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom