billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think of this line of thinking?

This is a segment from a newsletter I get. It can be found here:

Bill

http://www.investorsinsight.com/blo...011-investment-strategies-9-buys-9-sells.aspx

17. Sell Selected Commodities. We believe that a full-blown commodity bubble had developed. The recent shortages of hard rock miners for copper and other metals is one more signal of a top in the commodity boom. A hard landing in China may well be the pin that pricks that bubble. Not only has she been a gigantic importer of coal, iron ore, nonferrous metal, resins, crude oil and other industrial materials both for current production and for stockpiles, but psychologically China is considered the center of global industrial production.

Any hint of a hard landing there will no doubt drop the scales from speculators’ eyes and industrial commodity prices, including copper, will swoon. So, too, will the currencies of commodity producers such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada. And the strong dollar we’re predicting will work to depress commodity prices, especially the many globally-traded ones such as oil that are priced in dollars.

We’re recommending sales of selected commodities because agricultural producers are influenced by global demand but also by weather-driven supply. Forecasting economies is tough enough, so we’ll leave it to others to forecast the weather. Note, however, that in the past, ideal growing weather often follows the bad weather suffered lately, and bumper crops and surpluses often replace hand-wringing shortages in a crop year or two.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Not sure Bill.
Seems when I find a negative article there's a positive one near buy.

"17:07 BASE METALS: Stronger-Than-Expected Home Sales Boost Copper (Dow Jones)"

My take is yes maybe a good correction, but direction still up. Inflation, printing $$, Our crazy spending government, emerging economies ect... I'll keep looking for scrap and hold on the downturns and sell on the upturns...

Sean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread