What's new

Copper tube from colonial site

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I found this yesterday at a 1748 store site in a cornfield. The field was later part of a large plantation and is still used for crops. Thanks Steve
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6446.webp
    IMG_6446.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_6446.webp
    IMG_6446.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_6445.webp
    IMG_6445.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 362
Might be a ramrod pipe, or thimble. The holes would be where it was pinned to a wood stock. All others I've seen have had only one hole for the pin, but that doesn't rule out someone making one with two pins.
 
Upvote 0
BosnMate,

You are spot on with your thoughts on this piece!

I will concur as well, that this is a guide pipe for a wooden ramrod from an early musket. :icon_thumright:

CC Hunter
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom