What's new

Copper?

Bender

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2016
Messages
45
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwestern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her is a pic of my find today...not sure what they are...seem to be copper...the two bottom ones are about 8 cm the top is about 12 cm and the circle is about the size I of a nickel
image.webp
 
Upvote 10
They are quite corroded for copper. can they be cleaned. Where were they found and what was the historical use of the property found?
 
Possible spear points???
I'm guessing.
 
You got some copper culture artifacts...congrats!
 
Are you up in the great lakes region? The approx location where they were found might help identify these.
 
WELCOME NEW MEMBER ON THE FINDS .
 
They were found in the Sioux lookout area of northwestern Ontario on a beach...they were 2.5-3f down
 
They were found in the Sioux lookout area of northwestern Ontario on a beach...they were 2.5-3f down
 
Yep you have a copper complex points...

I've found one in Sheboygan WI. Here is a pic.
 
Nice display...are they worth anything...or just a nice find?
 
Someone told me $100+ dollars an inch, and mine is 4.5". In reality it's what's someone will pay for it. To me it's priceless, where else are you going to get human worked copper in the US over 4000+ year old for less than that. Some person 4000 years ago made it or traded for it, then used it or lost it and I'm the one who found it 4000 years later. Can not beat that in my book. When I found it I had no idea what it was, but it opened a new appreciation for what could be found in the USA. If it was worth nothing it is the only thing I have found that is hanging on my wall.... When people ask me what's the most interesting thing I've found I show them this.......
 
Last edited:
Yeah...that's my feeling too...I wonder if I should talk to our local museu to see if there is any huge historical significance to copper points in our area or if they are a common find
 
Congrats on some nice finds.
Before showing them to a person of knowledge of antiquities ,, be sure you were hunting in a place that isn't protected. There is a thing called The Repatriation Act. If your finds fall into this category , they can be legally confiscated.
 
Congratualtions on the very historic find! They will look great on display in either your home or a museum. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom