Coppers, Silver, Relics and GOLD!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That about sums it up! We hunted the entire day on two new sites and weren't disappointed! The gold is rare to me because I do not find a lot on the types of sites I hunt. Looks like an older ring, probably early 1900s but the hallmarks are pretty worn. The diamond is still in place though! EDIT: Ring may be much older than 1900s...preliminary research indicates design elements indicative of the 1700s.

Also found a few coppers including a big Nova Scotia penny, a British 1941 Half Cent and a George III. The silvers are a 1904 five cent and the end of a silver utensil.

Relics are a shoe buckle, a couple buttons including a sporting button, a tombac and a Victorian military button, Also some trinkets and my favourite...a musket ramrod channel...my favourite find of the day.

Great day out and looking forward to the next time!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431980722.698903.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431980739.166266.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431980828.282572.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431980921.949800.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431980946.066158.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 23
Boy, gold for us colonial relics guys is rare enough, but always a pleasure to see once in a while!
Nice little hunt you had there!

Now that's a great hunt when you get to cover all the bases, congrats.

Amazing collection of finds! I really like the ramrod channel, there may be more of the gun out there. :thumbsup:

Not a bad find among it all. It's great when you can get something really nice from all types of what we look for.

Amazing collection of finds! I really like the ramrod channel, there may be more of the gun out there. :thumbsup:

Buddy I was hunting with did find part of the trigger guard...we looked for the rest but found no more...this time...

Yes gold is very rare for us colonial hunters…only ever got one gold cuff link, would be satisfied with a colonial gold coin and ring…not asking for much eh?

….Congrats a great day!

Last edited:
Very cool. I never expect to see gold....and I never do lol

Very cool. I never expect to see gold....and I never do lol

I never expect it either...and almost relegated this one to the junk pouch...thought it was junk at first!

Nice hunt! Love the ram pipe and the gold ring!

Romeo way to go ,neat ship on the one coin and gold ring and the other relics a pretty cool , nice finds,vanzutphen

Wow!!

You got a handful of life time finds there, Sweet!!

Phenom finds man.

Gold ring would be on my finger...
And if in fact colonial... a banner in my book.

Killer hunt bud!! You have both quality and quantity in that hunt. I remember finding one of those musket ram rod guides when I first started detecting. I threw it out with scrap because it didn't look like anything good. Shall I say I kick myself in the ass every time I see one posted!! Well done! The gold is a big surprise... And an awesome find! It's funNY, every time I look at that ring I see a shoe buckle on the top...you know, similar to the design of the colonial Era shoe buckles. And the swirl design on the sides, very unique. I wouldn't be surprised if it's older than early 1900's. It just has that look!

Last edited:
Phenom finds man.

Gold ring would be on my finger...
And if in fact colonial... a banner in my book.

I wish I could determine age but the hallmarks are well worn...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431998067.576075.jpg

Congratulations on the very interesting finds! The gold ring looks beautiful, nice detail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back