What's new

Corn Field Finds

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out early today trying to beat the heat and it worked. I stayed till 2 pm and have looked at this field for the past 2 years in between crops. They just pulled the corn and it got rain on it 3 nights in a row which help clean the corn debris off so I could see a few things. Found some small cores and broken pieces, scrapers and worked flint, some crude points quartz and black flint and then the trip maker which was the wow of the day a nice knife. I like this field cause it has a natural spring on it which empties into a deep creek just rite for canoes. Lots of traded flint from Alabama and Tenn and the black and quartz is local. rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11645.webp
    SDC11645.webp
    812.8 KB · Views: 172
  • SDC11660.webp
    SDC11660.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
  • SDC11668.webp
    SDC11668.webp
    335.9 KB · Views: 160
  • SDC11662.webp
    SDC11662.webp
    381.1 KB · Views: 166
  • SDC11664.webp
    SDC11664.webp
    430.4 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Nice finds. That looks like a great field.
 
Love all the different flavors of material. Nice finds!
 
Great finds :thumbsup: This is the year of the Rock:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
That knife is great...I like how the ancient maker worked around the rind.
 
some interesting finds there.
 
That knife is great...I like how the ancient maker worked around the rind.

Im going with hand held seeing the cortex is left on for grip.
 
Great finds :thumbsup: This is the year of the Rock:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Ive found some eye candy lately but I was really starting to wonder at the start of the year if I was going to find anything. I was thinking on going fishing again.
 
Some nice finds there. Continued good luck to you.
 
Thanks it was a good day. Hope to get back out soon but life has gotten busy again, rock
 
Nice finds. The knife is really nice!
 
Thanks it was fun getting out and looking. Hoping to get to go out again soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom