What's new

Corn Meal

Gismo1077

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it hurt coins if I tumbled in corn meal to identify them or what is the best way.
Thanks
Gismo1077
 
Hi, I read on another site that they put the coins in olive oil, scrub after a 1/2 hour, the do it again a few times. They said it worked. Good luck, it couldn't hurt to try it
 
There are different methods depending on the metal.
Hot peroxide works well for indian heads.
Could not tell it was an indian head before to thisl
1901IHheads.webp1901IHtails.webp
 
Never heard of this one, looks like it worked, and rather well. Thanks for the info....Mary
I you search it in the cleaning forum you will find more on how it is done.
 
Hot peroxide? How hot exactly? Boiling?
 
Just put a little(peroxide) in a small glass bowl and microwave. I won't take long to start boiling. Take it out of microwave and drop your coin in.
 
Got it,thanks!!! Ive ruined too many scrubbing them
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom