What's new

Cornfield homesite yields a draped bust, Dandys, buckles and..a shell?

Coilcrazy2

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
744
Golden Thread
3
Location
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Cornfield homesite yields a draped bust, Dandy's, buckles and..a shell?

Hey everyone,
I was able to get out yesterday and locate a homesite on a cornfield. It was a muddy mess but I did manage to get a good amount of relics. I found: a beat up draped bust LC, a small shoe buckle frame, 3 dandy buttons, multiple smaller buttons (some tombac), a skeleton key and some other brass and pewter relics and pieces. I also recovered an IH penny, another buckle and a rosette but I gave those to the farm owner's kids. I also got out on saturday with Brian (baspinall) and found this strange brass shell (the ocean kind lol). Any info on that would be appreciated.
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2761.webp
    IMG_2761.webp
    1 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2748.webp
    IMG_2748.webp
    369.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2750.webp
    IMG_2750.webp
    437 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2751.webp
    IMG_2751.webp
    345.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2752.webp
    IMG_2752.webp
    285.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2754.webp
    IMG_2754.webp
    427.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2755.webp
    IMG_2755.webp
    427.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2756.webp
    IMG_2756.webp
    422.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2757.webp
    IMG_2757.webp
    324.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2753.webp
    IMG_2753.webp
    299.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2758.webp
    IMG_2758.webp
    343.3 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 30
Nice digs! I love to hunt sites from that era. BTW your buckle is a knee buckle.
 
Nice digs! I love to hunt sites from that era. BTW your buckle is a knee buckle.
Thanks! Okay, it makes sense now since it's so small
 
Congrats on a really nice hunt. You got a little bit of everything. Well done.
 
Great job man ! Late 1700s and early 1800s --that's my bag :occasion14:
 
That is a super good relic hunt. Looks like some nice designs on the buttons, too

x2 on the knee ID, those don't come up very often in my area.

hope to see an ID on the scallop shell.
 
Those are some quality finds right there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom