Corpus CHristi Beaches ...

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Come on down to Corpus Christi Texas and help me clean the beaches.
Of course that aint gonna happen even if 50 people come down cause there is just too much beach here.
Around Corpus Christi bay there are several beaches and the Gulf beach goes from Aransas to Corpus Christi with miles and miles of sand and water to hunt.
The place is jammed up every year with spring breakers and every summer with tourists.
If that isnt enough there is a fantastic beach in Rockport Texas just a few miles north that has a few miles of knee deep water to hunt.

Come on down and I will share what I know about the area.
Willee
361-563-1303

I would love to come down there! hope to soon! Never done the beach and would like to learn. Kimbosa

Hi Willee,

How is the hunting in March? It looks like I will be heading that way mid month and if you haven't cleaned everything by then I would be interested in checking it out.

Relatives lived in Sinton so grew up spending lots of time on those beaches. Never hunted for modern, just old spanish, mostly at Port A and Padre, before the national seashore. I was young then and never cared what we found. Over the years have camped and driven from Port A to the cut at Mansfield. Still see a few detectors despite the illegality on Padre. Was told by one guy that he just tossed it in the surf when the park folks showed up. You'll find what you seek on the beaches you mentioned, especially Rockport. Old farts like me love wading out a hundred yards and sitting in still shallow water. Great memories. Good hunting...

Come on down to Corpus Christi Texas and help me clean the beaches.
Of course that aint gonna happen even if 50 people come down cause there is just too much beach here.
Around Corpus Christi bay there are several beaches and the Gulf beach goes from Aransas to Corpus Christi with miles and miles of sand and water to hunt.
The place is jammed up every year with spring breakers and every summer with tourists.
If that isnt enough there is a fantastic beach in Rockport Texas just a few miles north that has a few miles of knee deep water to hunt.

Come on down and I will share what I know about the area.
Willee
361-563-1303

I just got layed off and I have a lot of time on my hands. I'm looking for a good place to go beach MDing. Corpus Christi, Tx seems like a good place to go. Does Texas require any permits to MD? Or do they have any stupid laws against MDing.

I have spent the last 2 winters at Port A and love to md on the beach there and i go at low tide most mornings .I stay at the rv park there, from January 1 to April 1 maybe we could get together sometime.I use a Whites XLT and it seems to work well for me. Suprdave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back