corrals

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
Anyone know any treasure leads in the Tortilla Mts. kinda north of Tucson??
I have found rock corrals or fort like area way back up a canyon.
The only marker or symbol I have found was a B lying on its side.
there is no grazing close so i do not think it was a long term holding area for stock, could have been rest stop for treasure trains. owl head mts. north of there had mining on them.

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I did a search, so far I have found this: http://www.thegeozone.com/treasure/arizona/tales/az001a.jsp
That sounds interesting, gold in rose quartz . . .

If the "B" is a brand, it would be called a "Lazy B". There is a reference to the "Lazy B Ranch" by Sandra Day-Oconnor:

And so my grandfather, H.C. Day, went off to Wichita , he thought he could provide building materials for people who were building all this community. And sure enough, he did. And prospered it. And he ended up having some ranches in the Kansas area, and he was too busy to get married till he was in his mid-40's. And then he married the 18 year old daughter of a judge! And so he was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life and he knew about the Gadsden Purchase and the land belonged to the United States , but it was open for people to use. And if you wanted to go run cattle on it you could. So he went out there and he bought a herd of cattle in Mexico and put them on the property that became the Lazy B Ranch in time. There wasn't anybody else there except for occasional Apache raids. And he took the son of someone he knew in Wichita to come out and try to run the ranch, because H.C. Day didn't really want to stay there, he wanted to go on to Pasadena and live a comfortable life. So he put this young man out there to run the ranch with the Lazy B brand on the cattle and the Lazy B Ranch is what it became. And every now and then Geronimo and his band would come and help themselves to some horses and a few cattle. But, life went on and it was okay. And other people began to use the same lands as well, and all of the cattle would go wherever there was water, you know, there weren't any fences. So, you had to have communal round ups and sort out everybody's calves and cattle from round ups. And things went along pretty well accept that this young man started putting his own brand instead of Lazy B on the calves! http://www.azpbs.org/goldwater/oconnor.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread