What's new

Costume Jewelry?- now w/ pics

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,475
Golden Thread
0
Found a bracelet (sorry no pics). Made of metal w/ 101 oval Garnette's. Has 2 marks one is 925 and one is CL or C1. The marks are so small I don't know how I could get them to show up in a pic.
What is the 925 mark? Did I find gold or just a pretty costume bracelet? Thanks for any help.
 
Re: Costume Jewelry?

925 is 92.5% silver. I don't know what the CL is. I'd assume the makers mark.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Costume Jewelry?

uglymailman said:
Found a bracelet (sorry no pics). Made of metal w/ 101 oval Garnette's. Has 2 marks one is 925 and one is CL or C1. The marks are so small I don't know how I could get them to show up in a pic.
What is the 925 mark? Did I find gold or just a pretty costume bracelet? Thanks for any help.
Most cameras have a Macro icon.. that is to take pics of very small items an show full detail without losing any detail... 925 is sterling silver... pics would be need to be sure cause alot of Chinese an mexican imported stuff is marked 925 but really it is a silver plate over a base metal
 
Upvote 0
Re: Costume Jewelry?

Not we can do anything without a pic
Pictures are verything here - with a few exceptions.
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Re: Costume Jewelry?

CL (which stands for CLAD) merely means that the sterling silver jewelry is plated with another metal.
Sterling silver jewelry is often coated with a thin layer of rhodium, which preserves the silver and adds to the precious metal's natural luster.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
Re: Costume Jewelry?

Tried the best I could to get pics. Not much sucess. No way this camera is going to show markings. Gonna put in pics to give idea of item.
Thanks for the replys. I think I got the answers I was looking for. Too bad it's not gold but the wife has her eye on it anyway. Thanks again. Tim
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/treasurenet stuff/100_1310.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/treasurenet stuff/100_1310.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/treasurenet stuff/100_1312.jpg
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom