Could someone help me identify this point?? Found in a north Mississippi creek bed today

Patton Hudson

Greenie
Apr 23, 2024
IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0976.jpeg IMG_0978.jpeg IMG_0977.jpeg

Upvote 14

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I would spend a lot of time hunting that creek, especially after a heavy rain when the high water recedes.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say; the base looks like it was knapped by somebody that didn't know what they were doing. It just doesn't match the flaking on the rest of the piece. I've seen broken points 'fixed' like that by a modern collector many times.

OP
OP
P

Patton Hudson

Greenie
Apr 23, 2024
I have to say; the base looks like it was knapped by somebody that didn't know what they were doing. It just doesn't match the flaking on the rest of the piece. I've seen broken points 'fixed' like that by a modern collector many times.
It’s definitely a unique one. Probably one of my favorite ones so far

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn’t notice the pic of the base before. Oldmxrat is right. That’s a rechipped broken blade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread