could use some help

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are gonna get a lot of suggestions - whatever you decide - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Fuzz!

There are a lot of choices depending on your budget, where you want to detect (land, river, beach, lake) and what you want to find (coins, jewelry, relics, gold).

Entry level machines run $200 (Fisher f2 , Garret Ace 250) / mid level machines $600-700 (At Pro/At Gold) / high end run $1500-2500 ( whites V3i, Mielsb Etrac, Minelab CTX 3030.

The Garrett At Pro is popular because its priced well and is waterproof.

Call me if I can help you with your decision.

Wayne
(832) 928-9135

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

OP
OP
F

fuzz

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the thing is i live in the moutains and hills so im looking for one thats good in theses areas what would u suggest

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Depends on the type sites you plan to hunt and the type targets you are after . Example : a ghost townsy "ruins" type of site. may use one type of detector . While another type site you might want a machine which excells at turf (depth & TID). So you need to be a little more specific than just "in the mountains".

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these guys have alot more experience then i do , but i can agree with Tom, if you are looking for minerals that would be different then looking for coins and relics. searching in mountain streams is different then dry land.
so a little more detailed info would help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread