What's new

Counter stamped lg cent & silver too

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.webpHello all hope you're all out swinging in this beautiful autumn weather today I went with fellow tnet Hunter bartek we went back to a site we have been researching yesterday I was there early I pulled out six keeper coins including the King George the second today we returned we didn't find much at first then we found an old spring and we followed it up and found a well started searching around the well Bart started finding a few Mercury dimes and a barber we were about to leave and I said no there has to be more here I said let's go again one more time slow we did two or three minutes later I got a strong signal sounded like a quarter when I dug it I knew it wasn't it was A large cent I handed it to Bart right away I was excited he brushed the colada dirt off it was in decent shape able to read 1831 after cleaning a little better I realize there is a star counter stamp after some more digging I found a barber quarter Mercury dime a wheat penny and that's about it for the day it was a beautiful day the hike was fun the company was great can't wait to do it again happy hunting good luck eastcoast image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 36
You had a very good day hunting.
 
that hunt deserves one serious pat on the back
 
Both of you scored. :occasion14: Those are 3 nice coins. I really like the counter stamped LC.
 
Now there's a keeper.
Don't see a lot of those. Funny I got two in one day...only two I ever found, coincidentally one was a star also, but a 6 pointed one.

And not to jump on your thread, but you just might like to see it.

find13-64-e.webp
 
Quality finds, very cool to see a counterstamped LC. Congrats ;-)
 
Cool counter stamped LC, very nice indeed.
 
Great job on the counter-struck LC and the silver. Looking forward to hooking up with you guys soon for a hunt. Things have been a bit hectic here last few weeks.

Congrats again on the great finds!
 
Great counter stamped LC! The star is actually one forge cooler ones I've seen. Great barber Q also.

Steve
 
Nice finds!! If only everyday was that good!! Still waiting to get my first LC. Also, I've only found 1 Barber quarter, and it was toasted. Sounds like a great location. Bet you're glad you stuck around ��
 
I like the counter stamped LC. The star ads a personal connection to it.
 
ECH21 THATS A REALLY NEEEET COIN FIND ....
 
That coin is killer. I love the counterstamped coins
 
Great finds on a great autumn day with great company, looking forward to the next one!
 
I love the counterstamped LC but I hate the football team that it reminds me of. :laughing7: Let's go Giants!
 
What is a Counter stamp? Definition not in my book.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom