What's new

Counterfeit detectors?

Not meaning to be offensive to anyone. Buy a legit unit , pay the price, and life goes on. Why is it people always want that super great deal then make a stink when things turn out sour.
 
as long as one makes payment with cc, you are safe as *most* cc companies will reimburse for internet sales/fraud/misrepresentation

same goes for PP, or PPgift; switch your funding to the cc and not PP balance, or attached bank account balance.
 
Hello, I have a fake GPX5000. I'm the fool who thought I was getting a great deal. I'm new to metal detecting and I already confirmed the delivery and escrow funds have been released to the china vender. I wrote the the vender with NO reply !! I have read that the GPX5000 fake is a glorified VLF P.O.S. They used pictures from Minelabs Website and it looked on the up. I paid $1100.00 and it came with both a 11" mono and 11" DD ,battery and even a the quick-setup manual ..... Anyway, Now that I'm stuck with it , is there a way to tell if it's actually a PI machine or VLF ? If I put the Mono on it, it should not work if it's a VLF machine correct? Here is the kicker, the mono has 4 prongs in the plug, so is the mono a real mono that came with the detector? shouldn't it only have 2 prongs? How can I tell if the machine is pulsing out a signal or running a VLF frequency? is there a way to tell without an expensive oscilloscope ?
 
Hello, I have a fake GPX5000. I'm the fool who thought I was getting a great deal. I'm new to metal detecting and I already confirmed the delivery and escrow funds have been released to the china vender. I wrote the the vender with NO reply !! I have read that the GPX5000 fake is a glorified VLF P.O.S. They used pictures from Minelabs Website and it looked on the up. I paid $1100.00 and it came with both a 11" mono and 11" DD ,battery and even a the quick-setup manual ..... Anyway, Now that I'm stuck with it , is there a way to tell if it's actually a PI machine or VLF ? If I put the Mono on it, it should not work if it's a VLF machine correct? Here is the kicker, the mono has 4 prongs in the plug, so is the mono a real mono that came with the detector? shouldn't it only have 2 prongs? How can I tell if the machine is pulsing out a signal or running a VLF frequency? is there a way to tell without an expensive oscilloscope ?
...... I would like to see the answer to this question ... I hope some one gets the answer to you....... Does it work good for you .. ?
 
I have not really used it. I'm in contact with Credit Card company. So, I do not want to use it in hopes i can return it but because it in another country my hopes are low...
 
Why is it that people want to buy super cheap, and know it might be counterfeit? Well, there are people like me that paid full price, from the dealer, and got a piece of crap. Not the dealers fault, but the Australian company,(wont give the name, but you can figure it out). Everything broke that could, except the coil. So, if I had it to do again, I would buy a counterfeit, or a different brand. Now I have a $3000 machine that has traveled back and forth to its land of origin, more than I have. If the manufactures dont want people to buy counterfeit, then they should put a bit more effort into their after sales, and not blame the customer for misusing the machine.
 
All manufacturers under the sun will have bad units get through occasionally.....we call them "lemons". But with your reputable companies and their reputable dealers, this is the exception....not the rule. Or they would not be a thriving business for very long. The company or their dealers. Guy's we are talking about some very high end electronics here.....if the add is at such a low price.....common sense should prevail and say something here stinks!!!! Look at the values of these units on the USED market!!!????
 
The problem is, if you buy one from anybody used, then there is no way to know if its real or fake, and it is not just minelab, it's all the brands.

Come on you guys. Just go over there and take a fresh set of batteries and a set of samples and test it out. You can't fake a live test. And if you buy on line use pay pal or a credit card with a guarantee. It's called cover your own ass. Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom