What's new

Counterfeit GEO III

Relicific

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2017
Messages
3,503
Reaction score
4,559
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here’s an interesting copper counterfeit. It’s around 26 mm and underweight at 5 gr.
So as my friend pointed out it’s Geo III counterfeit , but it looks like they used the portrait of GEO II instead.
I can make out 72 but not sure it’s a Machin mills? I couldn’t find any matching MM online.
Any ideas?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 018A64E7-F59F-452A-9309-550DE97BE92F.webp
    018A64E7-F59F-452A-9309-550DE97BE92F.webp
    312.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 3FB08C0D-FB76-42DA-A4D5-902C40A4FF2E.webp
    3FB08C0D-FB76-42DA-A4D5-902C40A4FF2E.webp
    466.1 KB · Views: 77
Its definitely a G3 not a G2
G2 faces left. I would say it looks like a counter-fit but i don't really know anything else
Cool Find!
 
Upvote 0
Thats still a cool find I would triple check though to be sure
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom