What's new

Counting Machine Bags

lugnut428

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone have any experience trying to purchase the full counting machine bags from the bank? Will the bank even sell them -- or do they have to send them in first?

I was thinking about this as I was watching the gentleman in front of me deposit his giant Water Cooler bottle of change into the machine....as he was doing it, he said he'd been depositing the pocket change he's collected over the past 10 years......
 
Upvote 0
lugnut428 said:
Does anyone have any experience trying to purchase the full counting machine bags from the bank? Will the bank even sell them -- or do they have to send them in first?

I was thinking about this as I was watching the gentleman in front of me deposit his giant Water Cooler bottle of change into the machine....as he was doing it, he said he'd been depositing the pocket change he's collected over the past 10 years......

I've asked about it and the teller contacted the manager to ask for me. What I was told was they are not allowed to sell the bag as it had to be sent back to the fed. True or not??? I don't know, but I do know they wouldn't sell it to me.
 
hmmm.....that's too bad ----- betcha there's some good stuff in there (and my clad too!).
 
I got a machine bag of dimes today from my bank
 
That is about all I ever get. Pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. If the bank rolls them first, the bank would be wasting paper cost, electricity, and payroll. I don't have the pain in the rear of unrolling them and one less pair of eyes have checked them out.
 
Sometimes your dump banks have bags they will give you. Someone also told me that Staples had them, but i never saw any there.
 
a credit union let me finish filling a .50 bag then sold it to me. yes i had to wade through what i put in but I got 8 40% out of it . you got to ask.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom