What's new

Countinued from, gun experts?

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
This is a continuation from a another whatsit thread. WE got the gun opened (well actually Larry Cessna sr, of Larry cessna Jr "treasure dept" got it opened up. Larry sr is a machinest "artist")
Any way here is possibly the maker markes i just wanna get it Ided.

The first one is on the Barrel close to the Breach the other is on the breach. there are several places with serial #'s.

Heres the first thread

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,231105.0.html
 

Attachments

  • 100_1178.webp
    100_1178.webp
    69 KB · Views: 382
  • 100_1179.webp
    100_1179.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 380
The opened gun pics in these pics its (was) clearly a Hammer gun.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1182.webp
    100_1182.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_1183.webp
    100_1183.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0
I have an American made double barrel 12 gauge with hammers that was made no later than 1906 that I use every year for turkey and bird hunting. I can tell you one thing that gun has seen alot of use because the firing pins are musroomed down so far that it probally made it inoperable. It's still a cool piece.

Wolverine.
 
Upvote 0
I think many Belgium guns were imported in the 1930s and most were less expensive than the brand names Like LC Smith etc. That one appears to have been a box lock, made so that the hammers and sears could be removed as a unit to be worked on. Unfortunately they have been removed from this one. They were probably being scavenged for parts since the guy who gave it to you had several. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Yea looks like belgium made pre 1893 is about all i'll get to find out about it.
 
Upvote 0
I'm not sure it is that early. It would have rolled steel or damascus barrels if made before about 1900. It looks like it has steel barrels to me but it's hard to tell without hands on.I might add I am no gun expert, it's just one of my hobies. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom