Couple clad days

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey gang of detectorists, its me again.

Went out hunting a couple times. Wednesday and today (Friday). I didn't get out until after 3 o'clock today but managed to stay out till nearly dark. It would have been nice and cool this morning but I had other stuff to do and the spousal unit had the day off. When she took her son to town I took off.

Wednesdays finds:

Coins8-8.jpg

Coins8-8a.jpg

I sure am tired of 1964 nickels! One of these days I'm going to count them.

Fridays finds:

Coins8-10.jpg

The big bling rang up as an overload. One of the kids that always seem to be following me around saw it and immediately told everyone within earshot, "He just found GOLD!" Everyone then wanted to see it but I told them: "It's against the law for me to show anything I find so I can't show you." I had pocketed the bling quickly, alas...its junk. The little square thing with the 25 stones could be something. I'm beginning to think I should have a diamond tester, anyone know how much they cost?

Coins8-10a.jpg

It was 91 on Wednesday but only 87 today.

Thanks for looking at my meager findings. Good luck this weekend; hope all of you find some really good stuff!

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Your findings are very well presented!

Interesting line you pulled on the kid. Quick thinking.

I've also been looking at diamond testers. Most of them can't tell the difference between moissonite and diamonds. I'd also be interested in what our gem-expert members might recommend.

Congrats on the finds!

Ridley

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds and quick thinking prober ! congrats ;)

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A DIAMOND TESTOR IS ABOUT $100-$200 MOISSOINITE IS ALMOST AS EXPENSIVE AS DIAMONDS SO I WOULD JUST GET A DIAMOND TESTOR IT IS MUCH CHEAPER.....I HOPE THIS HELPS ;D ;D

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I wouldn't classify your findings as meager...looks like a great variety of finds that would be enjoyable for anyone to have hunted. Hope your one find is diamonds. :)

bpmm

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Excellent finds and nice comeback with the kid. I had one and his sister follow me for about 45 minutes Saturday Evening. I finally got rid of them when I stopped pulling up finds for about 15 mins. They got bored and left. I was thinking about a diamond tester also, thanks for asking. HH. Roy

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're not Bdoo's son are you ;) Very nice haul....Congrat's!!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Sweet haul on the goods. Congrats on the gold. That's one reason I stay away from the kids, they want to yell out everything you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions