What's new

Today's Hunt 6/20/26

Speedglass

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
128
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone, I went out for a couple hours today. I only kept a small amount of all that I exposed. While I wouldn't say anything was spectacular. I always welcome any blue glass. Some of the other finds were interesting, atleast to me.
 

Attachments

  • 20260620_163538.webp
    20260620_163538.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • 20260620_163450.webp
    20260620_163450.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • 20260620_163525.webp
    20260620_163525.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • 20260620_163512.webp
    20260620_163512.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • 20260620_163501.webp
    20260620_163501.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Upvote 12
Thank-you! This spot produces alot of stuff. The more rare and valuable stuff always seems to be broken unfortunately. But I am usually able to bring some decent glass home each trip.
 
I have always been amazed at the price specific bottles will bring. Many years ago, I when I lived in Kansas City, I attended an antique auction with my mother in law. The highest value reach was of all things, a whiskey bottle from the late 1700s. I don't remember the sale price, but it was well into the 5 figures. Why on earth?
 
I understand where you are coming from.
People have different interests and passions. They like what they like. I have seen people pay exuberant prices for many things I would never consider dropping a dime for. But to each their own. As far as old glass is concerned, it is a piece of history. And the bottle from the 1700's i would say is probably pretty rare. Especially if it was completely intact. I myself like to field collect all my treasures. I have bought a few things in the past that I felt I would probably never find on my own. After awhile they don't hold the same interest as the items I have found with my own blood, sweat, and tears.
 
Love those Cobalt Blue bottles. That is my favorite color when it comes to glass.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom