What's new

Couple Indians and Some 19th Century Relics

PBR

Full Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
229
Reaction score
386
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent posted much in a while.
To tell the truth i havent been detecting much due to the heat, and the last couple hunts werent very productive.
Today i took the Deus back to a site dating from 1840 through about 1910.
Some great finds were made at this site in the past.
Hunted for 4 hours. Pounded 3 bottles of water, and had to sit in the shade a few times to cool off. Man its hot.!!!!
Was really hoping today would be the day i get my one dollar gold coin, but that didnt and probably will not ever happen. Oh well.
We have cherrypicked this spot to death, so today i decided to dig everything that sounded decent except for iron.
I still ended up with a ton of iron, but did manage a couple coins and some nice brass and lead relics.
Notables. Harmonica reed, old lock, 2 IHP's (1889 & 1893), Vest buckle, Shoes heel plate, Lock key cover with eagle design, brass ring and spike, Richard Groves and Sons (Sheffield) saw handle thingy "Forgot what its called", and a neat homemade lead button.
I also dug this Spear and Jackson saw handle doo-hickey pictured below at this site a couple trips ago.
I could be wrong on a couple of these items. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • P7040008.webp
    P7040008.webp
    314.3 KB · Views: 150
  • P7040005.webp
    P7040005.webp
    178.1 KB · Views: 151
  • P7040006.webp
    P7040006.webp
    176.1 KB · Views: 133
  • P7040007.webp
    P7040007.webp
    139.6 KB · Views: 131
  • P7040009.webp
    P7040009.webp
    102.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 24
You did well. Especially like the 1800's IHC's:thumbsup: And what would a hunt be without a harmonica reed:laughing7: Congrats
 
Very nice hunt. I found a saw medallion just like that one in a CW camp. That's a great bunch of finds.

HH RN
 
Nice tribe of Indians I would be very happy That's what those things are Harmonica reeds I have found so many of those things I never thought they were that popular. Great post!!!!
 
Good stuff right there....congrats!
 
You did well. Especially like the 1800's IHC's:thumbsup: And what would a hunt be without a harmonica reed:laughing7: Congrats

Its not a old homesite till you find a mason jar lid and a harmonica reed.
 
Congrats on the injuns and other finds
 
Sweet digs PBR, :occasion14: I love hunting in the heat, just means I need to drink more water. I am only 57, maybe when I get old I may not like the heat as much. :dontknow:
 
Looks like some good digs man. I agree with the heat. We hit a spot yesterday and I couldn't drink enough water and the sweat flies/bees were a pain in the asz.They would swarm and stick to you. And to top it off the Dues hated the Sandy soil at this spot and tried and tried but it wouldn't ground balance or lock onto a target. Called another Deus relic hunter for advice it was so frustrating. Got home and tried it No Problem.
 
When you do find that $1 gold coin you'll think its fake. Haha that's what I thought when we found ours, they are so freaking small.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom