DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
006.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG Walked around a few hours yesterday,mostly digging shells "I refer to them as country tabs"They sure did allot of hunting around here over the years. Found a eagle I cuff,it cleaned up pretty good,with a decent amount of gild left.The other looks to be a few burnside cartridges that where pushed down into one another,I thought it was kind of interesting relic.Haven't been finding allot here lately,just been kind of mosying around looking for that new spot,stuff has been far few and in between,but it keeps me going.GL:metaldetector:

Upvote 4

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i understand the country tabs, they do signal up pretty good though and I tend to clean them out as well as the real tabs

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the tabs are in the way:piratehand:but they keep me on my toes,sometimes any good sound is better than none.I usually give them to my friend,he does some selling at flea markets.What he will do is take a quart jar and fill it with shells and somewhat modern bullets,he claims they sell.I think the last jar he sold he got like 15 bucks for it.I guess some people must wonder what else is in the jar so they buy it?I have no use for them.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the tabs are in the way:piratehand:but they keep me on my toes,sometimes any good sound is better than none.I usually give them to my friend,he does some selling at flea markets.What he will do is take a quart jar and fill it with shells and somewhat modern bullets,he claims they sell.I think the last jar he sold he got like 15 bucks for it.I guess some people must wonder what else is in the jar so they buy it?I have no use for them.

Big city folks buy anything. I mean look at the American Pickers show. They will buy stuff that they call "folk art" and sell one at the price that I wouldn't buy ten of them for. I've wondered if I could take a log and carve something into it, and then bury it out in the yard for a few years and sell if for 2-$300.

I hope that I haven't thrown this thread into a tangent.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice button. One of my sites I hunt often just on those days I can't do a " real " hunt is used by deer hunters to sight their rifles in. Needless to say, there is brass there from many years ago to present. Sometimes I will go looking for it just to verify the detector is still working, lol.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your looking in a very good duck spot, takes allot of shots most times to hit those speedy fowl.

Nice button. One of my sites I hunt often just on those days I can't do a " real " hunt is used by deer hunters to sight their rifles in. Needless to say, there is brass there from many years ago to present. Sometimes I will go looking for it just to verify the detector is still working, lol.
Sounds like you need to get a job, like us hard working 7 days a week, nobody understands how hard I got it, mouths to feed, underpaid and overworked, I don't like or play well with others, WORKER! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (inside joke with my buddy Old dude)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread