What's new

Couple perforators!

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a couple perforators I found over the years!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    662.4 KB · Views: 200
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    234.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    306.2 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0
Amazing that they survived intact all these years! Great finds.
HH
dts
 
Tools are always nice to see, I like those.
 
So rare to see those fragile things that survive!
 
Those are really nice examples choo.

These are the two best I own. These were found the same day in the same field, but on separate ends about 200 yards apart. My father and I were hunting together and he started at one and I the other. He found one and I found the other one. When we met in the middle to show each what we had found we both had that look of WTF when we showed these. lol
 

Attachments

  • Pics-346.webp
    Pics-346.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 125
Those are really cool & a great hunt with your dad it must of been awesome growing up hunting with your Dad I'm sure you had some great hunts together, my dad always thought I was crazy for going out & hunting artifacts he said it was a waste of my time!
 
I also hunted with my Dad growing up. There is no better way for a father to spend time with his son.

A couple of things about these tools, they often aren't used as perforators but rather for incising soft wood. They would be used to make things like the paddles used for paddle stamped ceramics. Some people may call them "gravers. It is much easier to use a bone or a sharpened stick to perforate hides and they usually show a polished tip when used as a perforator. I'm a tools guy and have a few laying around here somewhere.
 
These are what I consider to be Engravers.
 

Attachments

  • New Engravers (4).webp
    New Engravers (4).webp
    24 KB · Views: 123
  • New Engravers (3).webp
    New Engravers (3).webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 122
  • New Engravers (2).webp
    New Engravers (2).webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 123
  • New Engravers (1).webp
    New Engravers (1).webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 130
  • New Engravers.webp
    New Engravers.webp
    48 KB · Views: 137
  • New Engravers (5).webp
    New Engravers (5).webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 119
  • New Engravers (6).webp
    New Engravers (6).webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 124
  • New Engravers (7).webp
    New Engravers (7).webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 125
The 2 items that the post was made on could also be paddle micro drills. What ever they are they are fine and a great find.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom