What's new

Couple Whatsits

Kieth-Tx

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
605
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item with the hole in it I dug yesterday at a mid 1800's site that is a homestead today. It does not stick to a magnet so assumeing brass. The long item I posted last week but still no ID on it either.
 

Attachments

  • brass.webp
    brass.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 352
  • brass1.webp
    brass1.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 336
Looks something like a ratchet lever and pawl. Something like the mechinism that lets you operate a come-a-long or old bumper jack backward. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
:icon_scratch:

I dig a lot of those here, and like you have know idea what they are :icon_scratch:


SS
 
Upvote 0
The bottom item is a locking pin. Used on trailers to lock drop down side and back flaps.

Edit:
Looking again at the size against the coin it's probably too small for what i said. I know i used to play with one of these as a kid, thinking it made a great knuckle duster, and i know it was always in the draw of my mothers old cast iron Singer sewing machine.Maybe still a locking pin, as those old singers folded away upside down when not in use?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom