BerntOut Full Member Joined Jan 12, 2010 Messages 160 Reaction score 17 Golden Thread 0 Location South West USA Detector(s) used Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others! Feb 19, 2011 #1 I thought I knew what this was but I may be wrong. A buddy dug it yesterday off of an old side trail near the Camino Real. I thought it was a sign reflector but another MDer told me he thought it came off a covered wagon? Hmmmmm........ Attachments P2182091.webp 21.7 KB · Views: 335
I thought I knew what this was but I may be wrong. A buddy dug it yesterday off of an old side trail near the Camino Real. I thought it was a sign reflector but another MDer told me he thought it came off a covered wagon? Hmmmmm........
oldsoapy Hero Member Joined May 28, 2007 Messages 537 Reaction score 863 Golden Thread 5 Location uk 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used garret ads 1. plus T2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2011 #2 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy Hi, The domed glass looks as if it's part of some form of reflector. as in a roadside post or even mounted on a waggon etc. as illustrated here?? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...1GPEA_en&tbs=isch:1&ei=GvFfTbGtGIa2twf3pq3UCw Upvote 0
Re: Coverd Wagon thingy Hi, The domed glass looks as if it's part of some form of reflector. as in a roadside post or even mounted on a waggon etc. as illustrated here?? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...1GPEA_en&tbs=isch:1&ei=GvFfTbGtGIa2twf3pq3UCw
IronSpike Silver Member Joined Feb 24, 2009 Messages 3,142 Reaction score 61 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2011 #3 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy I like the Chinese coin Any symbols? Generally not worth much valuewise, however IMHO a very cool detecting find Upvote 0
Re: Coverd Wagon thingy I like the Chinese coin Any symbols? Generally not worth much valuewise, however IMHO a very cool detecting find
BerntOut Full Member Joined Jan 12, 2010 Messages 160 Reaction score 17 Golden Thread 0 Location South West USA Detector(s) used Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others! Feb 19, 2011 Thread Owner #4 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy bump Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,020 Reaction score 28,180 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 19, 2011 #5 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy Looks like one of the reflective marbles they use to put on old stop signs. Dave Attachments Stop Sign_1.webp 19.9 KB · Views: 210 Stop Sign_2.webp 25 KB · Views: 168 Upvote 0
Re: Coverd Wagon thingy Looks like one of the reflective marbles they use to put on old stop signs. Dave
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 20, 2011 #6 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy I agree sign reflector. There are several different variations. Attachments sign reflector.webp 16.9 KB · Views: 225 sign reflectors rr.webp 30.8 KB · Views: 213 reflector button.webp 58.8 KB · Views: 221 sign reflector.webp 16.9 KB · Views: 214 sign reflectors rr.webp 30.8 KB · Views: 215 reflector button.webp 58.8 KB · Views: 223 Upvote 0
DevilDog812 Sr. Member Joined Nov 3, 2010 Messages 386 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location Pennsylvania Detector(s) used Teknetics Delta 4000 Feb 20, 2011 #7 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy dunno what its for, just a generic reflector. heres 12 for $10 though http://lawton.ebayclassifieds.com/c...tors-red-white-amber-upick-colors/?ad=7499281 Upvote 0
Re: Coverd Wagon thingy dunno what its for, just a generic reflector. heres 12 for $10 though http://lawton.ebayclassifieds.com/c...tors-red-white-amber-upick-colors/?ad=7499281
nova treasure Bronze Member Joined Mar 2, 2008 Messages 1,726 Reaction score 455 Golden Thread 0 Location Kentucky Detector(s) used Whites Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 20, 2011 #8 Re: Coverd Wagon thingy I agree, sign reflector. I also found one last year. pretty cool when unearthed and the sun is reflecting off it down in the hole. Bill Upvote 0
Re: Coverd Wagon thingy I agree, sign reflector. I also found one last year. pretty cool when unearthed and the sun is reflecting off it down in the hole. Bill