What's new

Covered all options 2day w/pic

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Took one of my usual runs around the area and after a few banks, I lucked out with silver in a teller's tray. she had $9.50 in loose halves and I could see the silver. When I got out to the car there was (7)...1964 90%ers and (3) 40%ers. I figured that was an excellent score so continued on. Got 13 rolls of "company shotgun rolls" that was a complete "skunk." One of my dump banks was right up the street, so went in and dropped them off. They all know me in this bank. I always ask if anyone else ever brings in half dollars. The answer is always "rarely" except for me. The one teller checked in her drawer and she said she had 6 rolls. She was the only teller that had any. When she brought them up I could see my "code mark" on five of the rolls. But the sixth one did not, so I took it. Good thing I asked as it contained 10 silvers, two of which were 1964 90%ers. The other eight were 40%ers. Thought maybe this is a very good day, so got a box of halves at a bank near my house. The box yielded a 1776-1976-S Bicentennial silver half and four 40%ers. I also got another 1974-D double die. Covered all the CRHing options today and it apid off. Hope the pic is ok.
rileyboy
PS: Also it pays to mark your rolls with some king of a "code" so you don't get them back again. Sure paid off for me today.
 

Attachments

  • 0826001641_0001.webp
    0826001641_0001.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 405
Upvote 0
There must be no other CRH'er around you or a huge amount of silver sitting in peoples drawers.
 
forgot to mention, the top ones are the 1964's, the side ones the 40%ers. The ones in the middle are the bicentennial and the 1974-D double die.
 
Nice score Riley. I need to get out and do some hunting, it's been like 2 weeks since I've got a hunt in. Just a lot going on with me lately. I'm really going to try and get out tomorrow for some coins. I'm hoping I can get a nice score like you just got!
 
The Riley "Luck" is with us again!!! Congrats! Hope Riley is doing great. He should be our mascot. Post us a pic of Riley again, when you get the chance.

apush :read2:
 
Looks like you did pretty darn well there Rileyboy, nice work and good hustle, and a nice silver reward for said hustle!

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom