Covert Metal Detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcdonel

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to a beach and while I'm there, I'm going to do some covert metal detecting. I've been thinking of ways I could do this.

I have some old work boots with thick soles. I might be able to take my F2 4" coil and carve a slot out of the sole and slide the 4" coil in them and just run the wire through my pant legs up to the F2 panel.

What do you think? Might I crush the coil? Would it even work?

They make sandals with a built-in metal detector, but I've heard they're not good.

Upvote 0
Tom understands that though I *will* be metal detecting at some point at some spot where I'm not supposed to be, this thread is directed at covert metal detecting in general, as there may be times people want to metal detect without people constantly bothering them, like they do to me when I'm metal detecting.

There is another thread like this on this forum, but since it wasn't started by a noob, there's not a lot of self-righteous "don't do it!" It's right here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/great-idea/135398-covert-ops-metal-detecting-shoes.html

That post is over 4 years old and at time was wriittrn by a "noob" at the as you call it.

Your not talking about detecting so public doesn't bother you, your discussing how to detect in areas it is against the law.

As stated TN does not advocate the breaking of laws and will not be used as platform to discuss best ways to break the treasure or detecting laws. What your discussing hurts everyone who detects......

Best advice, follow the laws......

Thread is locked

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back