artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the local lake front park. My first hit was a '53 Roosie-the rest was all clad dating from the 70's-80's. The most interesting find of the evening, however was a steel or pewter-looking Cracker Jack pin. It's oval in shape and about the size and thickness of a flattened penny with the sailor kid and his dog on it. It's not in the best of shape, but I can make out what I think says "Me" on one side of the sailor and "For" on the other side and "Cracker Jack" across the bottom. It's a darling piece. My husband is sending his camera back to Sony for service, and so, no pics for now. If anyone has any info. or a link to a site with Cracker Jack Memorabilia on it, I'd really like to get a date on this piece.

Upvote 0
Congratulations!
I love finding stuff like that.

Ridley

Old Cracker Jack toys bring a good premium. Way to go!

Attachments

• tab.jpg
    tab.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 568
:o That's my kind of find. I'd rather find something like that than a silver Rosie any day! Congrats to you. HH

Desertfox

Great job AM.
Can't wait to see a picture. Congrats on Rosie too.
-MM-

like this

Attachments

• cjakfront.jpg
    cjakfront.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 342
  • cjakback.jpg
    cjakback.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 330
  • cjakfront.jpg
    cjakfront.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 322
  • cjakback.jpg
    cjakback.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 332
Great finds !!
Us old guys can really apprectiate those old Cracker Jack box and
cereal box prizes before the plastic invasion took over.
HH and keep em coming !

carpel said:
like this
Yes, that's the one!!!! Is that one yours? Can you tell me anything about it?? I've looked all over the internet and can't find one like it. :)

carpel said:
I found that crackerjack stud a couple years ago in about four feet of water by a private dock, pretty cool looking stud and held up pretty good for being in the water so long.!

Thanks for the link-I can't believe that yours was found in water-it's in MUCH better shape than mine that was buried in the ground. Are you in upper or lower WI?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back