Craziest find yet

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well me and my buddy Josh went to check out a potential metal detecting spot yesterday evening. I was already running late but he convinced me to go (it wasn't too hard). We pull up and start walking towards the old house and I was tempted to go grab the detector but I knew my wife would divorce me if I took much longer. Instead I walked in to the front door. I immediately heard something in the ceiling. To me it sounded like a snake slithering. I figured it was some rat snakes mating. I held my hand up to stop Josh. "I heard something in the ceiling." I whispered. Just as I said that an ungodly sound echoed from the ceiling. It was part hiss, part growl and a quarter gargle. "And on that note, it's time to get the heck out of here." Josh said.
"No way man. I gotta know what's up there."
Well, y'all know me. I went back to the truck and got the camera. This is what unfolded.
There's metal detecting footage as well:headbang:

If something in the video doesn't make sense, I tried to explain everything in the description.

Upvote 8

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get a job on the outdoor channel or NatGeo. Way more interesting that all those bigfoot shows.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for sharing! I've been a home in the woods that had the same noise! I couldn't see in the attic area, but did later see a buzzard hanging close. Nice sound to have in your home to keep unwanted people away!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get a job on the outdoor channel or NatGeo. Way more interesting that all those bigfoot shows.
I appreciate that. I've been interested in video production for a long time but I'm just now, as far as equipment goes (everything is so so so expensive) at a point where I can do it. Me and my wife don't even watch television anymore. We have a few youtube channels that we are subscribed to and we get notified by email whenever they upload a new video. It's way better than anything on t.v. I figured, why not do it myself. I'm always running in to craziness out there haha.
Thanks so much for the kind words and for watching.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing! I've been a home in the woods that had the same noise! I couldn't see in the attic area, but did later see a buzzard hanging close. Nice sound to have in your home to keep unwanted people away!

Yeah, apparently it's rather common for buzzards/vultures to use old homes for nest. But I sure didn't know it then and I sure didn't know they made that kind of racket haha.

WolfmoonX

Dec 4, 2004
New Jersey
I gotta say...that was the best youtube video I have seen all day! First, I was half waiting for this to be one of those scare vids where something jumps out as you were investigating. So yes, I admit that I was looking between my fingers and holding my breath so I wouldn't scream like a girl when it happened. Then 8:46 came and I was laughing so hard that my sides hurt. I showed my co-workers. Thanks for that and good luck on future hunts at this place.

Ry 6DX

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2015
Durham, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking 6DX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought it was going to be one of those scare prank videos when the camera was out of focus in the attic.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17 years of doing nuisance wildlife control, I've never seen vultures in a house (one dead one in a chimney). Of course, most of my jobs are in stable houses, not falling down. That was some pretty intense growling.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta say...that was the best youtube video I have seen all day! First, I was half waiting for this to be one of those scare vids where something jumps out as you were investigating. So yes, I admit that I was looking between my fingers and holding my breath so I wouldn't scream like a girl when it happened. Then 8:46 came and I was laughing so hard that my sides hurt. I showed my co-workers. Thanks for that and good luck on future hunts at this place.

Yeah, I could see how it could come across as one of those videos but I shoot with a DSLR Canon and I always use manual focus because the auto setting are crap. Since I was using manual focus and since I had my hands stretch high above my head, it was extremely hard to find the right focal point, all while trying not to get attacked by satan's demon baby haha.
I appreciate everyone taking the time to watch. It was an exciting afternoon!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty darn cool. We have buzzards all over here, and I even saw one in the middle of town near my house a while back, but I've never run across a nest or seen young ones like that

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one Animal Control Officer to another .... well done. I've had to catch peacocks before, but never had a call on buzzards...yet.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one Animal Control Officer to another .... well done. I've had to catch peacocks before, but never had a call on buzzards...yet.
Never had a peacock call but I've had some crazy calls over the 5 years I've been doing.
These buzzards threw me for a loop. I had no idea what we were about to encounter haha.
Thanks for watching.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the footage. Very suspenseful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread