Crazy day. Mind blowing.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started at this estate sale and they only let in a couple people at a time. I got sick of it, got mad and left. Said I can spend my time somewhere else. So I drove across town to a community sale. Glad I did. Two silpada necklaces and four rings. A whole mess of watches. A 2013 Silver maple leaf for five dollars. And the one lady has some omegas I have to call her back on Sunday.

Leave the neighborhood and stop at a ladies house who moved and she used to watch my daughter. (Didn't know this til I saw her) Said a family member passed away and she inherited a bunch of stuff. So I went in while her son watched the yard sale and bought her gold.(41g 14k) I had no reception where I was out on my phone. I guessed on this one watch, which I may owe her some more money and if that's the case I will take her more money. But I paid $250 for an 18 K Jager leCoultre men's working watch.. yes I know I probably underpaid for it. Yes I will take her money when I sell it if it's worth a lot more because I believe in doing stuff like that.. I mean she use to babysit my daughter for free.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486784672.733568.jpg

Headed home I stop at this guys sale who's cleaning out his barn. It's 12 o'clock and he still bringing stuff around in a wheelbarrow. Boxes and all kinds of stuff. So I ask him if he has any watches? He had some broken pocket watches. Two are gold filled ones with Seth Thomas train clock and one's a stopwatch. None of them work.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486784777.715229.jpg

His wife mentions that she has some watches that she would like $250 for. I bit... rado, 18k stainless ebel and a movado.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486784852.786089.jpg

Hope I don't make anybody upset. Wasn't the intention, I just can't believe something like this happens. Here's a couple pictures of everything.

I was even given a box of hot wheels for my kid. There's five red lines in there, one I think is a copy and this yellow car that I think is worth some money. It's only Friday... btw I spent $1325 On all this.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486785080.017901.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486785101.796205.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486785134.306438.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486785157.208259.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486785182.748335.jpg

That LeCoulte alone would maybe get what you paid back in your pocket. What a gold mine.

Wow....that is an amazing watch! Vintage but very in style for today. Let us know what you find out about it!

no words to describe that haul, we are all drooling

That LeCoulte alone would maybe get what you paid back in your pocket. What a gold mine.

Don't mention LeCoulte to me. In my wife's dads stuff we found a Jaeger-LeCoultre, a functioning, beautiful, watch.
Jaeger-LeCoultre1.jpgJaeger-LeCoultre2.jpg

After speaking with an expert it was estimated to be worth about five grand.

It was accidentally thrown away in the garbage. We didn't realize it for about two days, once the garbage was long gone. We were in a major city, so it's not like we could have gone to the local dump to retrieve it.

I have a similar story. When my dad's mother (my grandmother) passes, there was a bitter argument over power of attorney prior to her death, and the eldest sister who had power locked all of the siblings out of the will and trust until SHE decided to execute the will. She had all the valuables, gold, rings, watches, coins, etc. gathered in her work office which was later broken into and stolen.

Part of me wonders if the robbery was faked. it's too convenient. That or she ran her mouth showing friends and co-workers the treasure trove and someone leaked it to someone who lifted it. Either way it's gone.

Wow that stinks. The watch and the family member. Friend of mine the same thing happened to them. Except for the manager of the building went into the house and had the guy right out that he was giving all of his jewelry to him instead of my uncle. He had over half $1 million in silver and gold. It was all take out his safe and since he had dementia he gave it to this other guy and signed a contract that he can have it.

That Jaeger oh my!!!! For $250??? Easily a $1,500 watch IMO just looking at eBay prices. Fantastic piece, I would've paid $500 if I saw it at a pawn easily. Movement pictures would be fantastic? Quartz or auto?

That silver Elgin may be worth more than $200 as well. Post a movement picture as well, I can tell you how much it's worth, also need to know case material.

I can't type thru my jealous tears!!!!!! And my tears of horror about the Reverso ending up in the garbage.

The Elgin wasn't working. I wind it up and it did nothing. Took the case off and blew in it and it works fine. Marked RW Raymond. 14k gf.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486872465.368183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486872511.762203.jpg

As far as the other watch I'm not messing up anything right now going to take it somewhere tomorrow or Monday to have it checked. But it is a manual wind.

Man BK, you find such amazing deals and pieces to resell!! The Vintage Jaeger LeCoultre 18K Watch could have a high quality movement inside such as an Vacheron Constantin Movement (see link below) which could be signed and/or the Bezel could be signed. After having it checked by a professional (Jeweler or Watch Repairman), verifying exactly what Model it is, what Movement it has, a servicing and then with good research, you could likely get well over $1,000 upwards to $3,000 and possibly more. Just don't let a professional steal it for a low price and believe me, you will get offered a price for it. I also love the Elgin Pocket Watch with the B.W. Raymond Movement which are very sought after by most Elgin Pocket Watch collectors.

http://www.vacheron-constantin.com/en2/calibers.html

Frank

Last edited:
I tell ya, there is something that Kid does before he goes out that he is holding out in telling us. To heck with Orlando, I'm moving down to Naples. Wait, with Kid living there, I would probably starve! :)

Congratulations, Kid! And, I personally would never be mad as you posted above. Your scores only motivate me even further to get up and go in search of mine. Simply stunning!

artslinger

I tell ya, there is something that Kid does before he goes out that he is holding out in telling us. To heck with Orlando, I'm moving down to Naples. Wait, with Kid living there, I would probably starve! :)

Congratulations, Kid! And, I personally would never be mad as you posted above. Your scores only motivate me even further to get up and go in search of mine. Simply stunning!

artslinger

I do something everyday before I go out. Seems to work..

Secret- say a prayer that God will provide for my family.

oh and I like to talk to people. So if someone says your the 3rd person to ask for watches... I say ok... that's fine, I was hoping you thought I was cuter then the last person that asked and you would say yes... Gets them laughing. Hasn't worked yet... it will... it will!

BeachKid, you on blood pressure meds yet? Great finds!!! Good work!

Bill

BeachKid, you on blood pressure meds yet? Great finds!!! Good work!

Bill

I should be. I've learned how to keep a poker face though. I used to shake so bad when I saw good stuff that I felt like I was gonna throw up. Now I try to keep my cool as much as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back