What's new

Creek hunt and what type of stone is this?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the creek seeing the water is low now. I found some more of the debitage of the white stone and a core of it. I showed some of the debitage pieces last week to a customer that comes in and he is a retired Geologist. He studied the piece and says well it is not from the local area we live in (north Ga) so it must of been traded in. Which by the way to me is cool to know. Anyway he then guessed it to be "moonstone". Today I went back and found some more of it and one piece that looks to be a small knife. This type of rock looks like slag but it has been worked and I have found plenty of flakes of it. The last piece was found in another creek also today and is missing the tip (darn-it).
 

Attachments

  • 100_4360.webp
    100_4360.webp
    182.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_4362.webp
    100_4362.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_4366.webp
    100_4366.webp
    176.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_4363.webp
    100_4363.webp
    182.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_4368.webp
    100_4368.webp
    196.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_4370.webp
    100_4370.webp
    145.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_4371.webp
    100_4371.webp
    152.2 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
Let me put this last piece next to yours so we can compare.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4374.webp
    100_4374.webp
    154.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_4372.webp
    100_4372.webp
    128 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_4366.webp
    100_4366.webp
    176.5 KB · Views: 94
@ GB the dry pics came out blurry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom