Creek Point

jpowers

Dec 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been able to get out and walk the creeks a few times since the big rains, and have been a little disappointed with broken pieces and rough tools. Last week I finally pulled out a decent point. I believe it’s a morrow mountain. It’s been beat up a little from tumbling down the creek but I am pleased with it. The white quartz really stands out, I could see it from a mile away.
Also, can anyone tell me anything about the broken piece in the 2nd picture? I believe it’s the stem off of a point, but it’s not something I’m used to seeing around here.
IMG_2105.jpeg IMG_2099.jpeg IMG_2093.jpeg IMG_2062.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Nice points, not sure what the crystal section is from really not enough left for me to say. I think MM is a good as any on the type.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a break on one face of the square one? Looks worked around from the one picture, square and fully worked would lead my mind to a home made gun flint. But if there’s a break I’d get behind the idea of it being the base of a square stemmed point

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on some nice finds...

OP
OP
jpowers

jpowers

Dec 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a break on one face of the square one? Looks worked around from the one picture, square and fully worked would lead my mind to a home made gun flint. But if there’s a break I’d get behind the idea of it being the base of a square stemmed point
Yes I believe it is broken. I never thought about a gun flint, but definitely a possibility.
IMG_2115.jpeg IMG_2114.jpeg IMG_2113.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread